The Florida Film Festival announced the Grand Jury and Audience Awards of the 2018 Florida Film Festival at the Awards Ceremony on April 14th. The 27th Annual Florida Film Festival took place April 6-15, 2018, in Maitland and Winter Park, Florida, with Primary Sponsor Full Sail University and Primary Public Partners Orange County Government and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs.
· Audience Award for Best Midnight Short – Hair Wolf – Directed by Mariama Diallo
· Special Jury Award for Directing: Caroline – Directed by Celine Held and Logan George
· Grand Jury Award for Best Animated Short – Shahkboy – Directed by Jake Peckar
· Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Short – Flatbush Misdemeanors – Directed by Dan Perlman and Kevin Iso
· Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary Short – The Tables – Directed by Jon Bunning
· Audience Award for Best Short Film – Let My People Vote – Directed by Gilda Ann Brasch
· Special Jury Award for Artistic Vision – The Last Race – Directed by Michael Dweck
· Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature – My Indiana Muse – Directed by Ric and Jen Serena
· Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary Feature – TransMilitary – Directed by Gabriel Silverman and Fiona Dawson
· Special Jury Award for Performance to Christina Parrish and Andrew Dismukes for Call Me Brother – Directed by David Howe
· Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature – Prison Logic – Directed by Romany Malco Jr.
· Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Feature – Savage Youth – Directed by Michael Curtis Johnson
· Audience Award for Best International Feature – Soufra (USA/Lebanon) – Directed by Thomas Morgan
· Audience Award for Best International Short – The App (Spain) – Directed by Julián Merino
2018 FLORIDA FILM FESTIVAL
Now in its 27th year, the Florida Film Festival is an Oscar®-qualifying festival, premiering the best in current, independent, and international cinema. Through ten days of 180+ films and first-class events, film lovers mingle with filmmakers and celebrities over hand-crafted cocktails and a locally-sourced menu.
“[We] had a great time at the festival. We’ve been to a few festivals with the film, and Florida is one of our favorites!” – Academy Award® winner Ron Judkins, FINDING NEIGHBORS
“Congrats on a fantastic festival. I loved being there. Have never seen a finer venue than Enzian.” – Andrew Goldman, THE DESK
“We had such a phenomenal time at the festival and it really exceeded our expectations in every way. The staff, the screening experience, the A/V, the audiences – everything was exceptional.” – Dan Berk & Robert Olsen, BODY
“Besides the amazing hospitality, I must say, the films were strong – steady, uncompromising programming. Way to go! Orlando is a powerhouse.” – Udy Epstein, 7th Art Releasing, FFF 2015 Juror
Festival tickets are available for purchase online or at the Enzian box office: www.FloridaFilmFestival.com/tickets
The Festival is a program of the non-profit Enzian Theater. 2017 Festival sponsors to date include:
Primary Sponsor: Full Sail University
Primary Public Partners: Orange County Government – Florida, and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs
Public Partner: United Arts of Central Florida
Premiere Sponsors: Hilton Grand Vacations, IMDbPro, Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A., Lure Design Incorporated, Regal Entertainment Group, Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Major Sponsors: DoubleTree by Hilton, Laughing Samurai, Movebooth, SilzerLaw Chartered, Sprint Corporation, Terrapin Beer Co., Ten10 Brewing Co., Winter Park Village
Supporting Sponsors: Antonio’s Ristorante Maitland, Coterie Coffee Co., Deeb Studios, Dorman Financial Management, Mobile Escapes U.S.A. LLC, Orlando Film Commission, Sierra Nevada, Tito’s Handmade Vodka
Media Partners: Florida Travel + Life, I Love CFL, iHeartMedia, Orlando Arts, Orlando Date Night Guide, Orlando LIVE, Orlando Magazine, Orlando Sentinel, Orlando Weekly, Visit Orlando, Watermark, WESH, WMFE, WPRK, Yelp
Our Sponsor community enriches the Festival experience and helps sustain the year-round programs of the not-for-profit Enzian.
Tweets by FloridaFilmFest
Since 1992, Enzian has been the proud host of the Florida Film Festival. As part of its mission to entertain, inspire, educate, and connect the community through film, Enzian presents innovative and original cinematic programming not just during the Festival, but all year long. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-supported arts organization for which ticket revenue accounts for only 25% of its operating budget, Enzian owes its existence to the generosity of fans of film, food, and fun–like you. Enzian.org
Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in entertainment, media, arts and technology. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has received accolades throughout its history, including most recently: One of the 2017 “Top Graduate & Undergraduate Schools to Study Game Design” by The Princeton Review, one of the 2016 “Top 25 Music Schools” by The Hollywood Reporter, and one of the 2016 “Top 50 Film Schools” by The Wrap Magazine. The Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges also named Full Sail the 2016 “School/College of the Year.”
Full Sail University is a graduate and undergraduate degree-granting institution offering on-campus and online degree programs in areas related to Art & Design, Business, Film & Television, Games, Media & Communications, Music & Recording, Sports, and Technology. With over 60,000+ graduates worldwide, Full Sail alumni have worked on countless award-winning projects with individual recognition including OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Video Game Award honors.
Follow Florida Film Festival on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.